Children’s Swim Lession
Level 1 – Water Exploration: Basic floating, balance, propulsion, bubble blowing and safety entering and exiting the pool – all basic components of the child’s comfort level.
Level 2 – Introduction to Swimming: Water confidence, self-reliance, proper kicking, streamlining, elementary strokes, stroking with floats, rhythmic breathing, pool safety and unsupported floating are the focus of this class level.
Level 3 – Stroke Development: Swimming with flotation devices the full length of the pool, long-axis strokes, use of fins and coordinated stroke patterns – all comprising sound fundamentals of swimming.
Level 4 – Stroke Technique: Drill sequences, body balance, roll and switch for long-axis strokes and beginning dolphin for breast/butterfly stroke patterns will be the emphasis of level 4.
- All payments are to be made at the club’s front desk, before each lesson.
- Payments may be charged to your member account or made by cash, check or credit card. (please make checks payable to MR&HC)
- Please submit a waiver for each student before the start of the first lesson.
- There is a 24 hour cancellation policy. Cancellations within that time frame or no-shows will be charged for all lessons missed.
- In the event of inclement weather, any cancelled lessons will be free of charge.
|LESSON LENGTH||MEMBER-RATE||NON-MEMBER RATE|
Please note: lesson amounts listed are per student. No more than 3 children are permitted in a semi-private lesson.
If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Aquatics Director, Eric Golden, at 703-356-3300.
McLean Racquet & Health Club
1472 Chain Bridge Road
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday: 6 am - 11 pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 7 am - 10 pm
- Monday - Friday: 6 am - 10:30 pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 7 am - 9:30 pm
Serve Bistro & Wine Bar Hours:
- Monday - Thursday: 11 am - 9 pm
- Friday: 11 am - 10 pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 11 am - 5 pm
- Monday - Friday: 8 am - 8 pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 8 am - 3 pm
Elite Massage Hours:
- Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri: 10am-8pm
- Thursday: 10 am - 9 pm
- Saturday: 8 am - 6 pm
- Sunday: 10 am - 6 pm
Indoor Salt Water Pool is supervised by a certified pool operator, lifeguards, and instructors.
Supervised playroom, drop off events, youth conditioning classes and camps!
Our highly qualified massage therapists are among the best in the Northern Virginia area.
An alternative to your regular workout routine; click to check the ECO bullentin board for event schedules.
Individualized Instruction USPTA Certified Pros
Training, clinics, camps and advanced training
Improve self-esteem, boost energy and reduce stress
Visit our newly renovated spa!
Adult and Youth Classes, all levels and techniques
Proud to be a Community Business since 1972
We are committed to helping you achieve your personal health and fitness goals. We believe in the practice of fitness and nutrition in our lives and families, and we hope to extend them to yours. We are proud to serve all ages-from toddlers to adults.
-Kevin Tighe, Proud Owner since 1972