Adult Swim Lessons/ Group Classes
ADULT SWIM LESSONS/ ADULT SWIM CLINIC
Session 1: beginning May 4, 2022
Session 2: beginning June 1, 2022 NO CLASS JUNE 29
Time: Wednesdays at 7 pm (four sessions) OR Mondays at 7 pm (four sessions)
*Registration is not complete until payment has been made.
Ages: must be 18 or older
An introductory class for adults looking to become more confident in the water. The goal for this class is to work towards swimming a complete length of the pool independently. This class will be led by Coach Claudia. For advanced beginners and up.
Sign up for Adult Swim Clinic Lessons
ADULT LESSONS ( PRIVATE and SEMI-PRIVATE )
45 & 60 Minute lessons are available upon request, please contact our Aquatics Program Director to inquire, at (703) 356-3300.
Please note: semi-private lessons are $12 additional dollars/person. No more than 3 people are permitted in a semi-private lesson.
If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Aquatics Director, at 703-356-3300.
|LESSON LENGTH||MEMBER-RATE||NON-MEMBER RATE|
Sign up for Private/ Semi-Private Adult Lessons
Beginner: This class is for adults who want to over come their fear of water. Students will work on the basics of swimming, such as floating, balance and general safety.
Advanced Beginner: This class is for adults who are confident putting their face under water and are ready to learn how to swim the length of the pool. Students will focus on water confidence, rhythmic breathing and learning two basic strokes.
Intermediate: This class level is for adults who can swim the crawl and back stroke. Students will work on coordinating stroke patterns and breathing, while introducing the breast stroke and butterfly to their repertoire.
Fitness: This class is for adults who want to incorporate swimming into their fitness routine. Students will work on endurance, breathing and streamlining strokes, in order to maximize the workout.
Stroke Technique: This class is for adults who have a good understanding of the four major swim strokes (crawl, back stroke, breast stroke and butterfly.) Students will improve upon this base, with work on body alignment, flip turns and swimming more efficiently
- All payments are to be made at the club’s front desk, before each lesson.
- Payments may be charged to your member account or made by cash, check or credit card. (please make checks payable to MR&HC)
- Please submit a waiver for each student before the start of the first lesson.
- There is a 24 hour cancellation policy. Cancellations within that time frame or no-shows will be charged for all lessons missed.
- In the event of inclement weather, any cancelled lessons will be free of charge.
- Aquatics Department Rules & Safety Guidelines – Please review prior to utilization of the facility
McLean Racquet & Health Club
1472 Chain Bridge Road
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday: 6 am - 10 pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 7 am - 8 pm
- Monday - Friday: 6 am - 9:30 pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 7 am - 7:30 pm
Serve Bistro & Wine Bar Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 11 am - 9 pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 11 am - 5 pm
- Temporarily Closed
Elite Massage Hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 10 am - 3 pm
Register today for any one of our outstanding Summer Camp Programs by stopping by the front desk or calling 703-356-3300!
Indoor Salt Water Pool is supervised by a certified pool operator, lifeguards, and instructors.
Our highly qualified massage therapist are among the best in the Northern Virginia area.
An alternative to your regular workout routine; click to check the ECO bullentin board for event schedules.
Individualized Instruction USPTA Certified Pros
Training, clinics, camps and advanced training
Improve self-esteem, boost energy and reduce stress
Visit our newly renovated spa!
Adult and Youth Classes, all levels and techniques
Proud to be a Community Business since 1972
We are committed to helping you achieve your personal health and fitness goals. We believe in the practice of fitness and nutrition in our lives and families, and we hope to extend them to yours. We are proud to serve all ages-from toddlers to adults.
-Kevin Tighe, Proud Owner since 1972