MRHC Junior Black and White Program Policies
Due to the level-specific nature of these programs, we take sign-ups by asking for player availability and then forming cohesive groups based on the availability of all applicants. Because of this, our sign-up process is very labor intensive. To make it easier for us, please abide by the following policies.
EVALUATIONS and PLACEMENT
- Players are evaluated for entry into and movement within the programs by our internal criteria. We are always very open with you about those criteria and always happy to have that conversation. Ultimately we ask that you respect our judgment and trust that we only have every kid’s best interest at heart.
- We may grant entry but require that your child participate in an extra activity to maintain placement in the program. An example of this would be requiring your child do another sport or attend explosive performance training to enhance their athleticism.
- If you plan to apply to the Black or White program, please confirm your class day/time preferences BY THE END OF MONDAY, 8/1, to get added to the priority list.
- We will create a draft schedule as soon as we clearly know everyone’s availability. Once we have made it, we will send you your child’s class times.
- Upon receiving your child’s schedule, you will have 48 hours to confirm their availability or their spot will be given away.
- We may redraft the schedule if too many changes are required or other members of your child’s group could not make that scheduled time.
- Once we have indicated that your child’s class times are finalized, you will have 48 hours to make payment to secure your spot for the season. If payment is not made in this window, we will consider you are dropping out and offering your place to another player.
- If you are an MRHC member and indicate that we should bill your account, then you will be responsible for the amount you have confirmed to us.
- You can only consider your child signing up once you have confirmed their schedule with us, made the payment or permitted us to bill your account.
- Please understand that we do our best to please everyone and give them their desired class times. While we try very hard, it is impossible to please everyone, and we appreciate your flexibility.
- Your child is required to attend two group clinics and one private/semi-private lesson per week for the duration of the outdoor season to maintain his/her spot in the program.
- Your child is required to compete an average of 2 times per month in organized match-play such as UTR or USTA tournaments or leagues.
- We reserve the right to make or refuse exceptions to the above rules at our discretion. Exceptions are more likely for players who are younger or are at lower levels.
While we are requiring commitment as outlined above, it is possible that we do not have enough clinic or private times to satisfy everyone, in which case we will do our best to satisfy everyone.
Junior Tennis Camps And Programs
Register today for any one of our outstanding Programs by stopping by the front desk or calling 703-356-3300!
Please check out our Tennis Department. Find the right tennis program to satisfy your needs.
Indoor Salt Water Pool is supervised by a certified pool operator, lifeguards, and instructors.
Our highly qualified massage therapist are among the best in the Northern Virginia area.
An alternative to your regular workout routine; click to check the ECO bullentin board for event schedules.
Individualized Instruction USPTA Certified Pros
Training, clinics, camps and advanced training
Improve self-esteem, boost energy and reduce stress
Visit our newly renovated spa!
Adult and Youth Classes, all levels and techniques
Proud to be a Community Business since 1972
We are committed to helping you achieve your personal health and fitness goals. We believe in the practice of fitness and nutrition in our lives and families, and we hope to extend them to yours. We are proud to serve all ages-from toddlers to adults.
-Kevin Tighe, Proud Owner since 1972