USPTA Safe Play & PTR Certified Coach, Juan began competing Nationally at the age of 9 and has over 17 years of experience.
As a Player:
– Played National and ITF tournaments around South America.
– Played and captained at the collegiate level at WWU when he got his BS in Business Admin and Marketing.
– Won back-to-back conference for 3 years and broke the University record for the highest national ranking in the team’s history (# 4 in the nation), winning conference and losing at semis on the National tournament.
As a college player he earned several awards both in athletics and in academics as: All American honors 2017 and reached top 50 in the nation in singles and doubles during his 4 years at college.
As a Coach:
– Coached and helped run numerous programs and country clubs from Kansas and Iowa to New York.
– Coached a NCAA DII Men’s and the Women’s tennis teams (Northwest Missouri State University) with a lot of success as reaching the highest national ranking in school history for both the women’s and the men’s teams (#7 in the NCAA), winning regular seasons, getting players nationally ranked in both sides, and 2 regional championships of the MIAA in 22/23.
– He concluded his college coaching career by advancing both teams into the sweet 16’s NCAA National tournament in 2023 and earning his MBA degree at the same time.
Juan’s coaching philosophy is as simple as to find the best version of every player inside and outside the court. He has an ambition of developing players into champions.